There is a God of power who is able to achieve infinitely more than your greatest request, your most unbelievable dream, and exceed your wildest imagination! We see this over and over in the Old and New Testament.
In spite of the presence of evil and the doubts that lurk in our minds whether He will do it, our God is able. He is able to push back the enemy that tries to hinder us from reaching our promised land. He is able to give us the inner strength to stand tall amid the fiery trials and burdens of life. He is able to provide us with the resources needed to confront life’s difficulties. He is able to provide peace in the midst of the storms. A peace that surpasses all understanding.
The word “able” is translated from the Greek word donatos meaning able, powerful, mighty, strong. The Greek dunamai, “to have power,” may refer either to inherent strength, or to the absence of in external obstacles, or to what may be allowable or permitted.
Our God is mighty in battle (Psalm 24:8 ). The God that we worship is not a weak and incompetent God. There are many things He is able to do:
- God is able to completely save all who come to God through Him (Hebrews 7:25).
- God is able to deliver you (Hebrews 5:7, Daniel 3:17).
- God is able to make. All grace abound to you (2 Corinthians 9:8).
- God is able to heal you (Matthew 9:28)
- God is able to remove every obstacle (Isaiah 57:14).
- God is able to supply your every need (Philippians 4:19). He knows what you need even before you ask.
- God is able to build you up in grace and give you an inheritance (Acts 20:32).
- God is able to keep you from stumbling and present you blameless (Jude 1: 24-2).
- God is able to fulfill every promise (Romans 4:21).
God is able to bless you abundantly with every thing you need. He has given you exceedingly great and precious promises. Allow Him to be Lord over your life.
Our Heavenly Father is able to do all things!
Dr. Francine is an ordained minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ. She hosts a broadcast called “Going Beyond Church” on Facebook. You can connect with Dr. Francine on Facebook at @afrancinegreen as well as on Twitter @beyond_2017. Visit her website at http://www.afrancinegreen.com.